right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

College Visits

swampedstudentswampedstudent 1 replies2 threads New Member
I am visiting four different college campuses over spring break. I am doing group tours with a parent for all of them, but will be meeting one-on-one with the head of the department I'd be majoring in, as well as observing one of the classes. Should I bring my parent with me to the meeting and to the class? Does anyone have experience doing similar things on their visits and can provide some insight on what was acceptable for them? Thanks in advance for your advice!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: College Visits

• MAmom111MAmom111 291 replies14 threads Member
    I would say you could bring your parent to meet the professor but I would not bring them to the class.
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15733 replies1052 threads Senior Member
    I would advise against bringng a parent to meet with the department head. You will be studying the subject, not your parent. Now if you are meeting with an admissions officer then a parent should be there because they need to know about financial aid, campus safety etc.
    · Reply · Share