Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Fantasy Football team

dumbstruck1089dumbstruck1089 Registered User Posts: 521 Member
edited September 2006 in College Confidential Cafe
How is this team?

QB T. Brady
WR T. Houshmandzadeh
WR M. Harrison
WR M. Booker
RB T. Bell
RB S. Alexander
TE J. Shockey
K N. Rackers
DEF Seattle
BN J. Delhomme
BN A. Randle El
BN T. Duckett
BN C. Cooley
BN J. Reed
BN Cincinnati
Post edited by dumbstruck1089 on

Replies to: Fantasy Football team

• gsteingstein Registered User Posts: 1,493 Senior Member
    How many person league is it?

From what I can tell is you waited WAY too long to get your 2nd RB and 3rd RB. IMO, you should get atleast 2 RBs out of the first 3 rounds. Tatum Bell may not even start this year, and if he does he'll prob split time. Duckett is in a new system, and if Portis is healthy he won't play much maybe a few goallines here and there. I'm not quite sure why you got Shockey and Cooley. When you have a solid starting TE, your backup TE should have been drafted in the last couple rounds maybe with someone like vernon davis. Your QBs are good, and you have a solid backup/starter in Delhomme. Your starting WRs are pretty good, but I would have dropped one of your defenses to get another WR. Aside from the top 5 WRs or so, most are a toss up...so having quantity is a good thing to invest in.

So other than drafting a few players/positions at the wrong time, I'd say your team is pretty good... unless you have fewer than 10 people in your league.
  • TryingToImproveTryingToImprove Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    IF we get enough experienced people, would anyone feel like setting up a CC fantasy football league??
  • jPoDjPoD - Posts: 2,524 Senior Member
    We set up a CC FFL a while ago. Our draft was a few days ago.
  • TryingToImproveTryingToImprove Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    alright thats cool. im in other leagues already too. I was just seeing if anyone was interested, because im always up for another league if its competitive.
  • i3asketballboyi3asketballboy Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    If obsessed with fantasy football and would totally want to be in a CC league if anyone wants to set it up. As far as your team goes, its solid. Not great, solid. You will be a playoff team for sure. Personally I think Delhome will have a bigger year than Brady -- remember that Tom Brady has a weak running game and just lost Branch while Delhome has Keyshawn and Smith. Rackers and Shockey are great value picks who will far exceed their competition at their respective positions most weeks. Harrison and Alexander are studs -- always have been always will be. Houshmandzadeh is a great pick he will have an absolutley huge year with CJ recieving double coverage all year. Bell and Booker are very, very shaky. If you could, I would dump shocky or someone like that for another solid RB. Remember, WR's win games and RB's win Championships.
  • dumbstruck1089dumbstruck1089 Registered User Posts: 521 Member
    so do you think i should drop a TE and get another RB?
    gstein, you saying i should have only defense? i thought it would be good to play CIN when SEA has a bye.
    should I trade delhommne because another team wanted him
  • Fsu-ufFsu-uf Registered User Posts: 936 Member
    QB T. Brady
    WR T. Houshmandzadeh
    WR M. Harrison
    WR M. Booker
    RB T. Bell
    RB S. Alexander
    TE J. Shockey
    K N. Rackers
    DEF Seattle
    BN J. Delhomme
    BN A. Randle El
    BN T. Duckett
    BN C. Cooley
    BN J. Reed
    BN Cincinnati
    I wouldn't of gotten the cincinnati def, they're terrible. Marty booker is going to probably be 3rd wide reciever on the dolphins roster.And randle el is overrated. otherwise its a good roster.
  • dungjadungja Registered User Posts: 323 Junior Member
    I'd avoid all denver running backs. Shannahan splits their carries way too much, and tends to be unpredictable in who his starter is.
    i have no good RB left in my league
    should i start delhommne or brady? (or alternate every week)
    which is th best WR from the following list?

B. Lloyd
    J. Jurevicius
    A. Toomer
    E. Moulds
    B. Engram
    D. Givens
  • Fsu-ufFsu-uf Registered User Posts: 936 Member
    Eric Moulds or Givens , givens is a great pick if branch isn't signed by the pATS.
  • ChaosTheoryChaosTheory - Posts: 5,199 Senior Member
    Fantasy Football Team:
    Fantasy Mathematical Olympiad Team.
This discussion has been closed.