Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please suggest some books for IIT JEE Maths Paper

Abhi08544Abhi08544 Registered User Posts: 2,184 Senior Member
edited September 2006 in College Confidential Cafe
I am preparing for IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Entrance Examination. The Maths paper in IIT is generally very tuff(cut off marks are 40/180). Can some suggest some good books on calculus(including limits continuity & differentiability), probability and algebra. I am using Thomas calculus at present, it's a great book but the level of problems is not so good.

If someone wants he could see the IIT Maths paper at http://www.amity.edu/aice/02-IIT%20Screening-2006%20(Maths).pdf

As you could see most of the problems were conceptual in nature. One could solve the paper iff his/her concepts are clear.

Would someone like to comment on the paper, how should i prepare for it?
Post edited by Abhi08544 on

Replies to: Please suggest some books for IIT JEE Maths Paper

• Abhi08544Abhi08544 Registered User Posts: 2,184 Senior Member
    Bump(...........)
  • k_twink_twin Registered User Posts: 1,640 Senior Member
    I honestly doubt you'd get many replies here, seeing as its a forum that's mostly populated by people who'd be unfamiliar with the IIT exams. I'd suggest you try The Indian Thread or create a new thread in the Int'l Forum. With regard to books on calculus, I'm afraid I can't really suggest anything. Hope you get some more helpful responses than I gave you.
This discussion has been closed.