Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best Rapper Ever

OlascoOlasco Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
edited August 2007 in College Confidential Cafe
Well this is an official poll for the most debatable topic. Who is the best rapper ever. As the proponent of the thread i will open it by giving u nmy choice.
NOTORIOUS BIG & Tupac
I have tried times without number to choose who is better without avail. Just listen to all eyez on me and Ready to die to know why.
Post edited by Olasco on

Replies to: Best Rapper Ever

• mj93mj93 - Posts: 3,601 Senior Member
    Sugarhill Gang; "Rapper's Delight" is a product of their ingenuity.
  • hotpiece101hotpiece101 Registered User Posts: 4,042 Senior Member
    um, i'm gonna have to go with Weezy...(let the flaming begin)
    he doesn't look up to Jay-Z anymore.

Lil Weezy to Complex Magazine:
    "I don't like what he's [Jay-Z] saying about how he had to come back because hip-hop's dead and we need him. What the f--- do you mean? If anything it's reborn, so he's probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, 'Yo, this is Jay's house. He's the best.' Now he comes back and still thinks it's his house. But we f---ed *****es in your bed already. It's not your house anymore and I'm better than you."
  • Mr. BojanglesMr. Bojangles Registered User Posts: 824 Member
    give some credit to the godfathers like gang starr, krs-one, naughty by nature, and a tribe called quest.

And don't forget bay area either...andre nickatina is money
  • rutgers 27rutgers 27 - Posts: 275 Junior Member
    Old Eminem (serious).
    Money,

Nas and Jay-Z need to be rebuked. They need to understand that they are not the ish anymore. Other rappers have come up and experienced a matched (if not greater) level of success.

And besides, I think Weezy is sooooo sexy. Don't ask me why (I know that he needs to get his orthodontia under control and he is just not too attractive, but he just gives off this vibe)...
  • ninja.of.loveninja.of.love Registered User Posts: 599 Member
    Grandmaster Flash (and the Furious Five)
  • idontcareidontcare Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    Papoose probably
  • LaxAttack09LaxAttack09 - Posts: 2,183 Senior Member
    I'd doubt any rapper within the past 10-12 years, and that includes biggy and 2pac. If I had to give it to anyone I'd give serious consideration to Rakim, KRS-One, Chuck D....jayz/pac/biggie/nas all have been great, nas in particular, but each one has their flaws. Jayz has had a few very week albums, same with pac, and biggie only released 2 albums...
  • idontcareidontcare Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    ooh also...Biggie of course...and I'm liking Clipse
    but Papoose is just really talented
  • yuccayucca Registered User Posts: 971 Member
    1.Notorious B.I.G
    2.2pac
    3.Eminem
    lol @ eminem in the top 3
  • yuccayucca Registered User Posts: 971 Member
    top 3 is already pretty good,right?
    It's just my personal idea. Maybe you will believe in USnews ranking more.
    In my opinion eminem came out with 1 great album (his 1st) and one good album (his 2nd), after that everything got geared towards what was going to get the most radio play...and went downhill fast. I find that most of the real good rappers, the ones that I consider to be the best, never made huge impacts on the radio. Sure, a few great rappers did (nas, jayz, biggie, pac) but these days everything on the radio is about how much $$ you make, what cars you drive, how hardcore you are. Added to this is the fact that most rappers don't even write their own rhymes these days.....it sucks.
  • Mr PayneMr Payne Registered User Posts: 8,850 Senior Member
    Eminem or Pac.
This discussion has been closed.