Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should women be eligible for a future draft?

Replies to: Should women be eligible for a future draft?

• hops_scouthops_scout Registered User Posts: 3,903 Senior Member
    big, angry mob

I didn't say that. I said a group. That could be two or three people. And yes I would do SOMETHING if I saw an officer in need of help. If nothing else, I'd call for help!
    I COULD GET SUED
    for defending someone

That would get thrown out of court so fast it wouldn't even be funny!
  • raimiusraimius Registered User Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    Getting off topic...
    Getting off topic...

That happened a long time ago:)

But to go back on topic...

Why do those who are against females being able to be drafted feel they should get every right and privilege that males get but shouldn't have the same obligations as males?
  • dntw8updntw8up Registered User Posts: 1,594 Senior Member
    Yes, females should have every right, privilege and obligations as males, and perhaps when females actually have every right and privilege as males, nobody will object to females having every obligation as males. (And if you need to ask what rights and privileges males have that females do not, there is no point in continuing this discussion.)
    when females actually have every right and privilege as males, nobody will object to females having every obligation as males

I look forward to this hearing more about this. If anythign, females have MORE available to them.
  • futurenyustudentfuturenyustudent Registered User Posts: 5,366 Senior Member
    That would get thrown out of court so fast it wouldn't even be funny!

Getting sued takes time, even if the case gets dismissed.
  • LuminaireLuminaire - Posts: 293 Junior Member
    Getting sued takes time, even if the case gets dismissed.

Maybe when the lawyer is you.
    Showing up to court takes time. As does discovery. As do the 14 settlement conferences that happen before something goes to trial.

And yes, if you're the lawyer, it takes even more time.
    No, if I were the lawyer I would shoot myself in the head in the middle of court because I was a lawyer, and a mistrial would immediately be declared, ending the suit.
    Good. Natural selection at its best.
    Good. Natural selection at its best.

How is that natural selection? Darwinism, perhaps, if I didn't already have two kids by two different mothers. But there's nothing natural about suicide. It might seem like second nature to lawyers and mental patients, but it doesn't really occur in nature, now does it?

Lemmings don't count. They're just really, really confused.

I hope you know more about laws governing corporate entities than you know about evolution, or you will make a pretty lame CL.

Also, WHEN are you going to get to NYU? You've been a 'future' student for almost two years now. Just how long have you been waitlisted for?
  • raimiusraimius Registered User Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    Lemmings were herded off the cliff by people...

Dntw8up, we are talking about equality under the law. What laws do you know that discriminate against women, that have not been blessed by SCOTUS?
    By the way, if you haven't noticed from your week of stalking me, I'm already IN NYU. If you need to know (you should already know, considering you've been stalking me for a week) I got in early decision. The fact that you didn't notice that proves you don't have the intellectual firepower to survive law school. Hence you have your head up some i-banker's ass.

Okay, I'm done now.
  • jmarinjmarin - Posts: 1,384 Member
    i say yes, if not then they belong in the kitchen
  • athenegoddessathenegoddess Registered User Posts: 880 Member
    for the OP question: no, i don't believe that women should be drafted. First off, accounts from women in the military have stated that the atmosphere of the army is discriminatory towards women. There has been numerous cases of sexual harrasement, rape and assualt on women in the military. I read a report on a woman soldier raped by a comrade and the military tried to hush it up. Secondly, the areas where soldiers are sent to are extremely dangerous towards women and would not help cultural ties as many men in regions such as Iraq are affronted by the presence of women soldiers and become even more uncorporative. that's just my two cents.
This discussion has been closed.