Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ask InquilineKea anything

InquilineKeaInquilineKea - Posts: 2,309 Member
edited November 2007 in College Confidential Cafe
meh, well, I'll try this out since I don't know how it'll turn out - maybe there could be a pleasant surprise. ^_^

Any questions of a random nature? go for it. :)
Post edited by InquilineKea on

Replies to: Ask InquilineKea anything

• yuccayucca Registered User Posts: 971 Member
    Question1.
    what do you want me to ask you?
  • kyler242kyler242 Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    How does it feel to hold what looks to be the record for the most threads started by one individual on CC ever?
  • snagpointsnagpoint Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    how does it feel to desperately seek attention on the interwebs that you aren't getting elsewhere?
  • InquilineKeaInquilineKea - Posts: 2,309 Member
    what do you want me to ask you?
    how does it feel to desperately seek attention on the interwebs that you aren't getting elsewhere?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_unintended_consequences :)

I ask a lot of random questions on forums precisely due to the rule above. That is precisely why you post threads. This is also precisely how you learn from the threads you post in, as the Internet allows discussion in greater depth and with a larger audience than real life.

A lot of people actually take forum posts personally. But the Internet allows you to experiment with people in ways with very low risk (other than the risk to your forum reputation, which really means little in a forum with high turnover like this one)

It's really fun to act differently than you would otherwise do in real life. Especially if you act like a whiny-emo-kid online - any negative feelings are only directed towards that whiny-emo-kid, than the person behind the whiny-emo-kid (or at least you can perceive such negative feelings as negative feelings towards that alter ego, rather than towards oneself)

Granted, no one here knows who I am (except the ones who actually like me). And it's highly unlikely that those who dislike me will ever encounter me again.
    How does it feel to hold what looks to be the record for the most threads started by one individual on CC ever?

Hah, I start a lot of threads precisely due to the reason stated above. But really, there are people with higher thread counts than me, and I have an old account with a higher post count than this, so I don't really care that much about thread/post count.
  • ChaosTheoryChaosTheory - Posts: 5,199 Senior Member
    Hi, what's my name? :D
    Hah, I start a lot of threads precisely due to the reason stated above. But really, there are people with higher thread counts than me, and I have an old account with a higher post count than this, so I don't really care that much about thread/post count.

lol, I thought for sure it was you. So, in keeping with the spirit of the topic, who does have the highest thread count on CC? Also, why did you abandon your old account for this one?
  • phurikuphuriku Registered User Posts: 2,779 Senior Member
    How does it feel to be a male, yet shorter than the average female?
    Hi, what's my name?

ChaosTheory :)
    lol, I thought for sure it was you. So, in keeping with the spirit of the topic, who does have the highest thread count on CC? Also, why did you abandon your old account for this one?

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=380705

glucose101

Threads: 666

==
    Also, why did you abandon your old account for this one?

It was actually to facilitate searching for old posts (due to CC's search limit of 250 posts - it's a lot easier to search for specific posts of yours when the search system doesn't have to go through thousands of posts).

==
    How does it feel to be a male, yet shorter than the average female?

I don't care. ^_^ I like being short because it maximizes flexibility and I don't bump into things above me.
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/...d.php?t=380705

glucose101

Threads: 666

Lord have mercy, Glucose by a landslide. At least your threads are more fun, I guess that must be some sort of consolation.
    glucose isn't record though
    Roger_Dooley
    Administrator

Threads: 10120
    :p

But in our eyes, Roger doesn't count, so glucose is next (that I know of)
    Inquiline Kea:

Is the real part of any non-trivial zero of ζ(s) equal to 1/2?
    It is known that any non-trivial zero lies in the open strip {s ∈ C: 0 < Re(s) < 1}, which is called the critical strip. The Riemann hypothesis, considered to be one of the greatest unsolved problems in mathematics, asserts that any non-trivial zero s has Re(s) = 1/2. In the theory of the Riemann zeta function, the set {s ∈ C: Re(s) = 1/2} is called the critical line.

Yes, for all non-trivial zero s. :p

That is, IF the hypothesis can be proved
  • yuccayucca Registered User Posts: 971 Member
    when did you lose your virginity?
    That is, IF the hypothesis can be proved

That was my question to you. Can it be proved? Is it true? I didn't ask for a summary.

In addition, what is the meaning to life? (42 is not an answer.)
  • fizix2fizix2 Registered User Posts: 3,570 Senior Member
    Who is John Galt?
    Why do you think I'm not responding to your emails?
    Would you consider yourself more of an intellectual, or a kid?
    Can every even number other than 2 be represented as the sum of two primes?
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide -- no escape from reality?
    What should I try next, pacifist or foodless?
    Is religion really the opiate of the masses?
    Do you like cats?
    Do you think ChaosTheory is hot in real life?
    Are you sure?
    Does this sound like a fun thread?
This discussion has been closed.