Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Fudged up one of my essays. Help?

BrianGarrettBrianGarrett Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
edited January 2013 in College Essays
So for my supplemental essay for UChicago, I wrote about my favorite poem by Carl Sandburg. BUT, I was reading something on Carl SAGAN at the time and I stated he was the author. I feel like an idiot! Is there anything I can do to correct it? Maybe contact the admissions office? I'm trying to not freak out, but I can't help but feel that I might as well throw in the towel now :P
Post edited by BrianGarrett on

Replies to: Fudged up one of my essays. Help?

• BrianGarrettBrianGarrett Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    114 views... you people are absolutely useless.
  • purpleacornpurpleacorn Registered User Posts: 1,559 Senior Member
    Don't touch it. I honestly wouldn't, and at most schools, what will happen is that when you email an admissions office, they print out the text of the email (or the new essay or whatever) and then stick it into the file. So your reader might have missed it at first, and all you've done is now draw attention to it.
  • neuroticparentneuroticparent Registered User Posts: 684 Member
    Chicago pays a lot of attention to essays and there is quite a difference between the writings of the two Carls. I would suggest emailing your local admissions rep (check the website) and briefly explain the error in a lighthearted way.
This discussion has been closed.