right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Having second thoughts about my essay

LittleLiamLittleLiam 196 replies40 threads Junior Member
I already finished sending out applications a few months ago and, initially, I felt quite well about my main essay.

However, after watching some videos done by AO’s I’m losing a lot of confidence in the essay I provided.

Would anyone be willing to spare 5 or so minutes and read it?
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Having second thoughts about my essay

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 8305 replies70 threads Senior Member
    Don't second guess yourself now. Your essays are already in the hands of the ad coms. Take a deep breath and try to focus on other parts of your life. There is nothing you can do about your essays now.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23229 replies2300 threads Senior Member
    Once you file your application you need to stop thinking about it. This process is difficult enough without you second guessing yourself. Move on.
    · Reply · Share
  • MeddyMeddy 524 replies35 threads Member
    My daughter second guessed her supplemental essay (after she was accepted!) She went back and reread it and laughed. I read it and could definitely see that her personality shined through. Trust the process. What is meant to be will be. Best wishes to you!
    · Reply · Share
  • shfloridashflorida 18 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Move on and don't worry about it.
    · Reply · Share
  • MmeZeeZeeMmeZeeZee 624 replies14 threads Member
    I'm not a reader on these boards. But I will be happy to read it and find five things that are good about it. You do need to move on but maybe some positive feedback will help.
    · Reply · Share
  • Adeb101Adeb101 2 replies0 threads New Member
    What's done is done. Don't overthink this. All you can do is focus on other things and learn from your mistakes. All the best!
    · Reply · Share
  • TwentyTwentyFourTwentyTwentyFour 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Don't worry so much about college applications! It's only a small portion of your life. No matter what school you go to, I'm sure you'll enjoy it there. :)

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity