Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Having second thoughts about my essay

LittleLiamLittleLiam Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
I already finished sending out applications a few months ago and, initially, I felt quite well about my main essay.

However, after watching some videos done by AO’s I’m losing a lot of confidence in the essay I provided.

Would anyone be willing to spare 5 or so minutes and read it?

Replies to: Having second thoughts about my essay

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 Registered User Posts: 4,573 Senior Member
    Don't second guess yourself now. Your essays are already in the hands of the ad coms. Take a deep breath and try to focus on other parts of your life. There is nothing you can do about your essays now.
  • happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 23,654 Forum Champion
    Once you file your application you need to stop thinking about it. This process is difficult enough without you second guessing yourself. Move on.
  • MeddyMeddy Registered User Posts: 364 Member
    My daughter second guessed her supplemental essay (after she was accepted!) She went back and reread it and laughed. I read it and could definitely see that her personality shined through. Trust the process. What is meant to be will be. Best wishes to you!