right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Do I have to answer every part of a supplemental question directly? (UC application)

guy1581guy1581 17 replies6 threads Junior Member
The question in question is:

"Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?"

I wrote about a challenge that I encountered in my senior year and into my gap year. I specified that though this hasn't yet affected my academics, it has shaped me in a way that has 1) allowed me to make better choices in schools I am applying to and 2) matured me (such that it will improve my performance in college).

I know schools want us to be interesting and unique, but I am also not sure if they will be annoyed that I didn't answer the question directly. What do you think?
0 replies
· Reply · Share