right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

CSU redirection

CollegeStrugglezCollegeStrugglez 11 replies4 threads Junior Member
Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows what CSU's are available for redirection in Fall of 2020.
10 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: CSU redirection

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 29801 replies316 threads Forum Champion
    The 2020 list of CSU campuses for redirection are not yet posted, but last year they were some of the non-impacted CSU’s such as Dominguez Hills, Channel Islands, Humboldt etc..

You will be given 2 options when your application is redirected.
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeStrugglezCollegeStrugglez 11 replies4 threads Junior Member
    was Cal State LA one of the redirected schools available last year?
    · Reply · Share
  • lkg4answerslkg4answers 2050 replies220 threads Senior Member
    I don't know about CSULA but SF State was included last year.
    · Reply · Share
    I have not seen Cal state LA as a redirection option.
    · Reply · Share
    Why would CSULA not be one of the redirected schools? Given how easy it is to get into.
    · Reply · Share
    Actually it is not that easy to get into unless you have local priority and the redirected campuses that are offered usually have spots available. Some campuses may be easier admits, but they may not have any spots available to handle the redirected students.

You have to remember campuses admit far more students than space available since not all admitted students will attend every campus they are admitted into. The campuses have historical data so they able to calculate their yields.
    · Reply · Share
    I am a local for csula. So would I be redirected with an guaranteed admission, or do they have to participate in the redirection program in order for me to apply as a redirected student?
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 15
    The Cal states will determine which campuses will take the redirected students and they would have to participate in the program and have available spots. Why didn’t you apply to CSULA originally as a local?
    edited March 15
    · Reply · Share
    Because I applied to northridge and think that northridge was my safety school so I didn’t apply to csula. Mistakes were made
    · Reply · Share
    Well hopefully your redirection options will work for you.
    · Reply · Share