right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Would it be weird to put the college slogan in the essay?

adevokeadevoke 2 replies2 threads New Member
Like in the end of the essay, I'd put go cardinals.

Would that look bad?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Would it be weird to put the college slogan in the essay?

• izrk02izrk02 Forum Champion American U. 1092 replies52 threads Forum Champion
    If it's one of those "why x university" sure, go ahead. If it's your general common app essay or where they aren't asking about your feelings towards the college, don't. Basically, if it fits the prompt, go for it.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 7377 replies34 threads Senior Member
    This ^^^. At Michigan ending with "Go Blue" would be common. 😉.

But more importantly knowing their school moto and direction is important like their mission statement and incorporating that into your essay might be important. Means you actually researched the school.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 10846 replies588 threads Super Moderator
    This is a very common thing to do in Why Us or college specific essays. For the personal statement, I wouldn’t recommend it unless it very specifically belongs in that essay, as in, you’ve weaved it into your story or similar.
    · Reply · Share
  • adevokeadevoke 2 replies2 threads New Member
    Thanks! I should have mentioned this was for the why us essay.
    · Reply · Share
  • cinnamon1212cinnamon1212 1178 replies9 threads Senior Member
    Would it be weird? No. Would it be a cliche? Almost certainly yes.
    · Reply · Share