right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Do supplemental essay prompts change every year?

awatifawatif 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited July 9 in College Essays
I am a rising senior looking to get a head start on my college applications.
If you know whether or not any of the following schools change their prompts every year, please let me know :)

- Brown
- Dartmouth
- Rice
- Vanderbilt
- UC Berkeley, UC Davis, and UC San Diego
- Pomona
- Claremont McKenna
- Emory
- Auburn
- Baylor
- University of Washington
- George Mason University
- George Washington University

Thank you
edited July 9
3 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do supplemental essay prompts change every year?

• Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3438 replies78 threads Senior Member
    Some do, some don't. The common app usually stays the same several years in a row. Prompts should be available for all of those colleges (at least in an ordinary year they would be up by now). Keep checking their websites.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 10827 replies588 threads Super Moderator
    Any of those colleges can change prompts yearly. If you set up your common app account, for the colleges that use it, you will see the various college-specific prompts apart from the personal statement. Or you can look at each college’s individual application to see what their supplemental prompts are.
    · Reply · Share
  • xmasberryxmasberry 35 replies4 threads Junior Member
    To be safe, assume that they change. I’m in the same position as you, but I don’t want to take the chance the prompts might change, especially with COVID and the George Floyd protests, which might cause there to be some new prompts.
    · Reply · Share