right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Getting help with college essay

AhmedKHAhmedKH 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello,
I'm an international student and I'm trying to apply for colleges in the USA, I know that I need to write an essay but It's hard to pick a topic. Is there any free help online?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Getting help with college essay

• CCEdit_SurajCCEdit_Suraj 85 replies161 threads Editor
    This is a great question -- there might be some help online but we recently covered this topic in a College Confidential article, which you can find here:https://insights.collegeconfidential.com/college-essay-tips-from-admission-officers
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 11376 replies152 threads Senior Member
    edited June 24
    Agree that applicants should "practice self-reflection before writing" and that their application essays should be "authentic". Also important to "show who you really are", but this seems redundant with the more succinctly stated advice to be "authentic".

In my opinion, it is a bit ridiculous to "start early" as suggested in the above cited article as individuals grow & develop (change) over the course of a year while in high school.

Also disagree with any advice about "being unique". Not necessary for anyone who is "authentic".
    edited June 24
    · Reply · Share