right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Common App essays - 2 versions

snsh17snsh17 17 replies8 threads Junior Member

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about this. Can a student write two versions of a Common App essay and tailor the submission specific to the college? For example - use one version for submission to Columbia but a different version (more tech heavy) for submission to Ga Tech.

I know that most all answers will say to stick to one version for the sale of simplicity and convenience. And of course that would be the goal. My question is simply whether the Common App platform allows for the submission of two different versions of a Personal Statement.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Common App essays - 2 versions

• izrk02izrk02 Forum Champion American U. 1126 replies54 threads Forum Champion
    You technically can submit two versions. You'd have to write the first version for Columbia and then submit your application, then replace it with the one for GA Tech and submit the application (or vice versa).
    · Reply · Share