right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Changing CA essay

flamingogirlflamingogirl 47 replies1 threads Junior Member
Since applications are submitted individually to each school (right?) in theory could I write and submit a different common app essay to each of the schools I apply to.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Changing CA essay

• gardenstategalgardenstategal 6722 replies10 threads Senior Member
    I know a student who, 5 years ago, did two essays and submitted 2 groups of applications. I don't know if there is any limitation in the system that would prevent you from doing more but in theory, yes you could.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 11009 replies593 threads Super Moderator
    Yes, but that’s an awful lot of work, depending on how many schools you apply to.
    · Reply · Share
  • me29034me29034 2190 replies110 threads Senior Member
    You would also have to be super careful to make sure you did it correctly. It would be very easy to mess this up and send the wrong essay to the wrong school.
    · Reply · Share
  • flamingogirlflamingogirl 47 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Thank you for the comments :)
    · Reply · Share