Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to safely use CC for essay advice without getting ripped off!

Replies to: How to safely use CC for essay advice without getting ripped off!

• hrhcowhrhcow Registered User Posts: 704 Member
    i know! aafter reading this post, i'm slightly creeped out and paranoid. even worse, i'm scared that my essay might be in the wrong hands because some that offered to read my essay never replied x_x
  • TheVeganActressTheVeganActress Registered User Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    yes, please have some sort of feedback system!

everyone should read this thread before sending essays!
  • Atomicbomb22Atomicbomb22 Registered User Posts: 399 Member
    ^^I whole-heartedly agree with you debateaddict. I'm really afraid of sending my essay to some unknown person, and a feedback system would really make my life easier.
  • ev_90ev_90 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    thats true
    i did mine already and submitted it with a little help from friends
  • MintyMinty Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Terribly scared of that too.

Also, exactly how long does it take people to review essays? I send mine to someone but they have yet to reply. Of course it was just on sunday so I'm pretty sure that person didn't find time yet, but I just want to make sure.
  • daiea08daiea08 Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    So if anyone would like to post a name of trustworthy peopel for reading essays........feeeel free. Pleeease. There should definitely be some type of system for rating reliability of those who read essays for CCers. Let's do it!
  • jb98021781jb98021781 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Now I am scared...is there anyway to unsend private messages?
  • frazzledmaybefrazzledmaybe Registered User Posts: 206 Junior Member
    I also sent my essays to some people. Most didn't respond. It was lame and made me nervous...
  • chickenboi8008chickenboi8008 Registered User Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    ^^ i did that too...
    im seriously scared....
  • jetsleykingstonjetsleykingston Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    hey would anyone like to read MY essay & not rip it off? & provide constructive criticism? if so, PM me. i'd appreciate it!

-jetsley
  • PerfectedxchaosPerfectedxchaos Registered User Posts: 872 Member
    Wow. Excellent advice and well worded.
  • MSUEnglishMajorMSUEnglishMajor Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Ugh. So true!!! Crikey, when I was a freshman, I sent an essay to an online proofreading service. They charged me $9.99 and promised that I'd get my essay back, with corrections, by the end of the work week. I used Paypal to pay, and I never got my essay back! I complained a few times and *finally,* after two weeks or so, I got the paper back with like eight corrections on it. They said that the paper was "near perfect" and "didn't need proofreading." If that was the case (which it really wasn't), they should have refunded my money and declined to accept the essay. Argh. Such headaches.
  • annabellannabell Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    what I'm really scared about is if you pm your essay to someone, they steal it, and then you get rejected from your universities because someone else (or, god forbid, many other people) have the same essay!! apparently colleges have this "blacklist" type thing. eeearrghhh I sent mine out for feedback and now I'm soooo paranoid. maybe irrationally.
  • polkadots1234polkadots1234 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    FEEDBACK SYSTEM = genius!
    ... so why isn't there one?
This discussion has been closed.