Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Posting my essay for all to see - I have no use for it anymore

Replies to: Posting my essay for all to see - I have no use for it anymore

• chinnychinchangchinnychinchang Registered User Posts: 512 Member
    wow those were some of the best essays I've read :P
  • CrystalProphecyCrystalProphecy Registered User Posts: 820 Member
    hahaha sepiolida i loved the first paragraph. caught my eye definitely. and as for the other essays, i believe my favorite was from hec2008 on the first page. despite talking about a "toilet in Fiji," it definitely brought out the best of what college essays can bring to an AdCom
  • BeejayBeejay Registered User Posts: 342 Member
    I love how this thread makes me feel so sad at how my writing is just so terrible.

Beautiful essays, I am truly inspired.

Would be more inspired if somebody would guide me towards someone/something/somewhere that would improve my writing as such:)
  • adrivitadrivit Registered User Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    Inspiration comes from within .....
  • jemmayale2009jemmayale2009 Registered User Posts: 278 Junior Member
    PJTen28, I was wondering what was your essay exactly about? Because I'm writing about my last name too (actually my entire name). Mine is about how half of my name means bitter, my last name means dumb and stupid people and ultimately my other last name, which adds to the sense of irony, means succesful people.

Just wondering, Jemma

P.S: You don't have to say your last name ;)
  • geologistsrockgeologistsrock Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    You guys are fantastic writers!
    I don't have to apply anywhere for another year, but it's awesome to read such beautifully-crafted essays that had taken what was obviously a lot of work and love. Thanks for giving me models to which I can aspire. :)
  • stempsstemps Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    bump.. keep the essays coming guys. they're great.
  • MPerfectionistMPerfectionist Registered User Posts: 705 Member
    Hold on...isn't there a word limit for the common application essay...like 500 words? Some of these essays are well over 500. I'm confused. :/
    Maybe not all essays are for the CommonApp, maybe most are supplement essays ...
  • skyseiferaskyseifera Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    That's a fantastic essay in the OP...but I noticed it's well over the "unspoken limit" for the Common App essays.

Should I be freaking out that my essay is 732 words, and I've been told not to exceed 600?
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser Registered User Posts: 5,487 Senior Member
    Thank goodness for this thread, I could use the inspiration. I have about nine essays I need to write...for one school. =/
  • chinnychinchangchinnychinchang Registered User Posts: 512 Member
    ^whoa! what school is that?
  • CCFanaticCCFanatic - Posts: 453 Member
    ^whoa! what school is that?

New Haven Community College, the self proclaimed Yale of all Community Colleges in the world. Ranked 3rd best community college by USNWR.

We need more LAWLZ. We need more essays to steal someone post a GADDAMN ESSAY ALREADY
  • kjj17kjj17 Registered User Posts: 252 Junior Member
    wow, I feel so terribly inferior now>_<
    awesome thread!!
    A sip of the Elixir Of Life to this thread!
This discussion has been closed.