Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Any suggestions for writing a recommendation?

phs_counselorphs_counselor . Posts: 14 New Member
Hello,

I am a high school counselor in the Midwest. I guide students through the college application process and I work in a big, public school. I am also new this year and starting this year, I will write recommendations for my students. One of my students has told me that he has a strong interest in medicine and we talked about the possibility of incorporating this interest of his into my recommendation for him. As I work in a very big school and this is my first year, I unfortunately haven't had the chance to really get to know many of my kids, and he is one of them. So my question is, besides what I already know about this student and the parts that I plan to write about, do you have any suggestions for what I could possibly say in order to get the message across that he has the qualities to become a possible future physician? Any key phrases or key words or even sentences that show this would be great. This is my first time using cc and I thank you all for you input.
This discussion has been closed.