Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College essay???

AtypicalguyAtypicalguy Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
edited August 2009 in College Essays
So, I've seen many essay samples and many essay writing tips, but I'm still not sure how to start my college essay. My first problem is I never, I mean NEVER experienced (or remember) anything life changing/ or changed the lives of others. I never read a "good" book. I never met any1 special except my parents, but I can't really write about them cuz 1) toooo many ppl write about them and 2) I dont really like them (parents, hopefully your are not reading this...). Ya so am I stuck with basically nothing. My life has been boring as **** and I dont even know where to begin. Plz help me out.
Post edited by Atypicalguy on

Replies to: College essay???

• bigwill11205bigwill11205 Registered User Posts: 719 Member
    The feeling is mutual. Just find SOMETHING unique to write about. Maybe you bought something that you really wanted and it was not what you expected. Just write a unique essay in your own voice.
  • SirensongSirensong User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 963 Member
    It's much more about your writing style than your subject matter. I agree, just be really unique, it doesn't need to be revelatory.
This discussion has been closed.