Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Giving up my dreams

2»

Replies to: Giving up my dreams

• AeroMikeAeroMike Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    Why don't you just volunteer some of your time while you do what you love for a job? I don't understand the all or nothing mentality you seem to hold.
  • asianamericansonasianamericanson Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    Because I have a problem with a mentality that says "I'm going to live for what I love and do what's right in my spare time." Shouldn't it be the opposite? Shouldn't it be "I'm going to live for what's right and do what I love in my spare time?" Of course, the ideal situation would have both pursuits be one and the same.
  • AeroMikeAeroMike Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    I see your point. Perhaps pursue a job that is helpful to people and you enjoy? I hope to become an engineer. I enjoy tinkering and creating things, so I should enjoy the job. Hopefully I'll help people at the same time by creating new devices that make people's lives better. Water purification devices or better prosthetics, for instance, could do a lot of good.

Think about your future for a while. Perhaps after meditating on it you'll come up with a better compromise for yourself.
2»
This discussion has been closed.