Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Going off to college without any dating experience-is that bad?

12345679»

Replies to: Going off to college without any dating experience-is that bad?

• kearnzie62kearnzie62 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I know how you feel completely. Do you have an email? I'd love to talk this over in a little more extensiveness. I know this prolly looks sketchy but what am I gunna do with an email? For some reason I just find direct communication much more meaningful and personal. Good luck!
    ~Matt
  • rekehavoc93rekehavoc93 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Lol this thread has so many views...
  • beachlover15beachlover15 Registered User Posts: 511 Member
    It's probably a problem for more college students than you would think....
  • buriedalieburiedalie Registered User Posts: 855 Member
    Ain't nobody got time for dating in college. I can't imagine trying to sustain a relationship with the amount of work I have on a constant basis.
  • mommusicmommusic Registered User Posts: 8,301 Senior Member
    ^I had time for dating in college...but I only dated guys who were serious about their college work as I was. During the week our contacts would consist of meeting in the cafeteria for meals, going to the library to study (how quaint!) and the like. It was a good litmus test--If he wasn't serious and didn't understand where I was coming from, I didn't want him anyway.
  • ThereisnosecretThereisnosecret Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    Humans weren't meant to be monogamous. What is worse is the people who think that sleeping with someone somehow indicates commitment or exclusivity. Commitment and exclusivity are NEVER "implied." If that is something you want, you have to communicate that, in many situations, BEFORE such acts take place.

It is better to have multiple casual partners. What is someone in a committed relationship getting that I am not?

It is unfair that the government taxes single Americans without children the most.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,690 Senior Member
    Oh how I hate feeding the ****, even the funny ones. But...
    What is someone in a committed relationship getting that I am not?

Less exposure to STDs.

Also it's debatable whether humans were "meant" to be monogamous or not. We weren't meant to live to be in our 80s though. Does that mean you're going to kill yourself in your 40s?
  • EquipotentialEquipotential Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    As long as you're somewhat social and not horrendous looking, everything will fall into place.
This discussion has been closed.