Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

clothing, for guys.

Replies to: clothing, for guys.

• atmjunkatmjunk Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Wear whatever you want, whenever you want. Just bring at least a week's worth of shirts, underwear, and socks and you'll be fine. (I'm assuming that you'll be wearing a pair of pants/shorts the day you get there. Well, I HOPE so, at any rate...)

I've lasted 2 months without doing laundry before. One word: Febreeze.
  • MarianMarian Registered User Posts: 13,000 Senior Member
    Bring two weeks worth of underwear and socks. Double that amount if you like to go to the gym.
  • fittedfitted Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    well how much space is given at most colleges, and where do you guys keep your shoes.
  • pprn00dlepprn00dle - Posts: 763 Member
    They give you a little closet and a foot locker usually. Sometimes you'll get a dresser too.
  • red06red06 Registered User Posts: 1,532 Senior Member
    Hmm, on the floor? Im going to bring all of my blue formal shirts and white formal shirts, and an assortment of tshirts and polo shirts. I mean, mixing and matching is the answer, so that you dont look like you're wearing the same thing every week. Also, i have to try to figure out when it gets cold in Indiana, b/c im going to school there.
  • tsdadtsdad Registered User Posts: 4,035 Senior Member
    Himom pretty much hit it on the head for USC for my son, but with the addition of Wisconsin and UNC tees. On a recent visit we actually got him to allow us to buy him some shirts with collars that weren't from Old Navy. A big step.
  • fittedfitted Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    ahahaha not from old navy a big step
  • clemsonboclemsonbo Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    please, whatever yall do, do not wear cargo shorts/pants or jean shorts... you will get absolutely no attention from respectable girls or fraternities, steer clear of abercrombie, hair gel, and jewlry. dont pop your collar, sag your pants, or wear socks with boat shoes.

of course it depends on the school you go to but i know that in the south, we are pretty preppy and conservative. on a typical day i will wear khaki pants or shorts and a polo shirt with top siders or rainbows.

some brands that are safe pretty much anywhere are polo, lacoste, vineyard vines, brooks brothers, sperry, patagonia, the north face, mountain hardware, columbia, new balance, rainbows, etc

you should bring a blazer, dress shirts, and ties if your planning on pledging or doing anything with a sorority, ie semi formals.
  • adconardadconard Registered User Posts: 803 Member
    They're just clothes...

Wear what you want to wear. Screw what everyone else thinks.
  • MacTech92MacTech92 Registered User Posts: 759 Member
    I second what Clemson said about jean shorts, but at most schools in the north, Abercrombie is considered good. At my school it's what the hip crowd wears. If Abercrombie was a no-no, I'd be in trouble since 75% of my wardrobe is A&F. And yes, Polo is something you can't go wrong with at any campus.
  • andrw313andrw313 Registered User Posts: 701 Member
    What is wrong with cargo shorts?
  • clemsonboclemsonbo Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    well besides the fact that they look gay and are thug baggy, you dont really need them unless your carrying cargo or are in the army
  • neverbornneverborn Registered User Posts: 1,877 Senior Member
    When it's hot, I'll wear jean shorts. I have a girlfriend, and I don't want any attention from fraternities. :)
  • andrw313andrw313 Registered User Posts: 701 Member
    Clemsonbo you are an idiot. They are not baggy and they look fine. I see plenty of people wearing them.
  • neverbornneverborn Registered User Posts: 1,877 Senior Member
    I'm wearing jean shorts right now!!!
This discussion has been closed.