Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help! Readmitting Back To Old College Before Starting New Semester at New College

MilitarySurgeonMilitarySurgeon Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hi all! This is going to sound really silly but desperate. I am currently(was) a Biology/Biomed/Premed major at a State University. However, I decided to transfer for Spring Semester to a private university in Boston in order to gain experience for Medical School. The biggest issue is, while I do have the tuition covered this semester, I won't be able to cover any other semesters following. It's just too expensive. So I've decided to try for a readmit. I withdrew from the university 12/22/15 right before break and the college doesn't open until 01/04/16. My orientation for the new college is 01/19/16 and I've already spoken with them and they are willing to refund my tuition. The only problem is, since everything is closed, would I be able to readmit myself for a semester I withdrew from? Note: I am in good academic standing, GPA is 3.2 after the first semester(I took four classes, all A's in my core and a C in my elective D:) Also will I still qualify for financial aid(my EFC is literally 0)? When I asked my old college if I could transfer back after attending the new college, they said I could readmit and would be waitlisted for housing, however I want to transfer before Spring 2016 starts, would it be possible?

Replies to: Help! Readmitting Back To Old College Before Starting New Semester at New College

This discussion has been closed.