Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rough first semester

Purple205Purple205 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
edited December 2015 in College Life
How was everyone's first semester? I bombed mine but was a 4.0 student in high school. I didnt even go out. I studied and still failed a class.

Replies to: Rough first semester

• OnMyWay2013OnMyWay2013 Registered User Posts: 1,338 Senior Member
    I'm far beyond my first semester. But I worked my butt off and stayed in the library the majority of the day, every day, studying. I was constantly stressed. I got a 4.0, but it wasn't worth it, because 1. I was miserable and 2. First semester at my school is pass / fail, so it doesn't even show up on my transcript #-o

I'm glad I've slowly become less neurotic. It's come with a drop in GPA, but it's worth it, IMO. Don't beat yourself up about failing; you live and learn.
  • preamble1776preamble1776 Registered User Posts: 4,731 Senior Member
    I took a light (12 credit) first semester because I came in with quite a few AP credits and I wanted to "ease in" to college. I only took gen. ed courses. There were times where I was pretty stressed but overall it was far easier than subsequent semesters.
  • BPearlman97BPearlman97 Registered User Posts: 854 Member
    Tough first semester for me...took 18 credit hours, thought I was going to end up in the 2.7-3.0 range, somehow got higher marks than expected on some finals and ended up w/ a 3.5.
This discussion has been closed.