Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Professor ruined my GPA!

2»

Replies to: Professor ruined my GPA!

• PhantomVirgoPhantomVirgo Registered User Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    It sounds like you didn't do well on the final. It doesn't matter what's possible for your grades if you didn't perform as needed to reach that possibility.

As others have said, ask what you got on the final. If nothing else, at least you'd know that. If you're taking any other classes that build on this one, I would go into the professor's office hours next semester to go over your final and find out what you did right and what you need to improve on. And even if you're not taking a later history class that builds on this one, you may want to do it anyway; the issues may be general issues that you need to improve on in other subjects, and in order to improve on those you need to know what's going on.

It's not the end of the world, but use this as a lesson and learn from it for future semesters.
  • dyiu13dyiu13 Registered User Posts: 2,866 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    You need to find out how you earned your final grade by discussing it with your prof. Then, consider retaking the course in spring for a higher grade. Plan to take two summer courses at community college in summer 2016 if they would transfer into your school. Do that again ing summer 2017. Make sure to take five courses in spring 2016 and in all coming fall and spring semesters, however. You're now at risk of not finishing your degree in four years.
  • xxariana39xxariana39 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I finally figured out why he gave me a horrible grade. I emailed him and he responded by saying that the reason i got a D was because i failed the final grade due to plagiarized work. (Which i did not do!)
2»
This discussion has been closed.