Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Living off campus

llakes11llakes11 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'll start off by telling you a little about my situation. I (19 years old) have completed my freshman year at a community college and I now want to get out of my home town and go out on my own. My boyfriend (20 years old) of two and a half years and I have been living together (at my moms house) for the past two years. For his freshman year he went to a liberal college near by and hated it. He actually ended up transferring to the community college that I was attending. We are currently hoping to move into an apartment minutes away from the school we want to go to and we have already been approved by the landlord. Financially, it is so much smarter for us to each pay half of the apartment, as it would cost double for us to both pay for dorms. The university that my boyfriend and I are looking to transfer to has a rule that unless you graduated atleast two years ago or live within a 40 mile radius of the campus and can commute, you must live in a dorm. Luckily, he graduated two years ago and my moms house is 39 miles away. Will I get away with saying I'm a commuter but actually getting the apartment?
This discussion has been closed.