Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Life

WaydayUnitedWaydayUnited Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited July 2016 in College Life
I want to be a college athlete, be in a frat, join the work-study program, and double major in economics and business administration; is it possible? If not, which ones should I drop

Replies to: College Life

• thatrunnerkidthatrunnerkid Registered User Posts: 534 Member
    edited July 2016
    That's a lot to do, and it could be theoretically possible (but might also be too much), but of course it depends on the college or university you go to. I would advise posting a question like this in the forums of the colleges/universities that you are interested in attending/applying to in order to get an answer as to the feasibility of doing so.

And what you drop depends on your personal preferences, as well as what the quality and qualities of what is offered by the individual university.
  • PrincessJasPrincessJas Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    A double major is more than enough work IMO
  • Era991Era991 Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    It's a lot, but some of my undergrad friends had worse schedules; how doable it is it will vary from institution to institution. A D1 varsity athlete's schedule is much different than an IM one's, and the time commitment of Greek life will vary from next to nothing to quite a bit, depending on whether you take on a leadership role. Once you get to wherever you go, ask your upperclassmen, especially your RAs (or equivalent upperclassmen dorm staff members) for their opinions.
This discussion has been closed.