Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How stressful are these colleges?

PengiiPengii Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited July 2016 in College Life
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being not at all and 10 being to the point where it affects your health), how stressful are the following colleges in terms of major, getting classes, the general atmosphere, courseload/homework/labs/projects, or just overall? Thanks in advance.

-UC Berkeley
-UC Davis
-UCSD
-Cal Poly SLO
-University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Purdue

Replies to: How stressful are these colleges?

• danfer91danfer91 Registered User Posts: 474 Member
    I'm not sure how anyone could answer this. The vast majority of people who are really familiar with these schools will have been an undergraduate at a maximum of one of them. Maybe you could get lucky and find someone who transferred from one of them to the other but you still wouldn't have a good idea of the other 4. Besides that, how stressful a school is is completely subjective. Any of these schools could be a 10 depending on how you're preparing, what your major is vs. your skills, your intelligence, how you get along with your classmates, etc.
  • AnArcticMonkeyAnArcticMonkey Registered User Posts: 240 Junior Member
    edited July 2016
    It varies from major to major, person to person. I know people from the UCs who've had to drop down from CS because they weren't able to cope with the work load. They took up other majors which they found relatively less challenging. This question is contentious, just throwing in what I know.
  • PengiiPengii Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for your input.

If this question is too narrow: How stressful is being an engineering major?
  • LordBendtnerLordBendtner Registered User Posts: 823 Member
    pretty stressful
This discussion has been closed.