Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do Ivy League schools have school pride?

chidreamerchidreamer Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hello all,

I'm interested in attending an Ivy League school, but I would love to get feedback from people who attend or have attended these schools as to whether or not students at Ivy League schools show passion for their school's athletic programs and if school gear is worn all around campus.

Replies to: Do Ivy League schools have school pride?

• silmarilsilmaril Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    Most universities have pride in athletics and school gear, including the Ivy League schools- after all the Ivy League IS a sports league!

My sister attended Yale and the Yale vs Harvard football rivalry is a pretty big thing- she was at Yale when Yale won its only game against Harvard for the past decade or so, and she remembers it being extremely exciting.
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 14,707 Senior Member
    Do not expect a Penn State or Stanford level of passion for athletics.
  • Ranza123Ranza123 Registered User Posts: 1,345 Senior Member
    There isn't the same level of spirit found at schools with a big sports presence, but there is spirit when it comes to rivalries with other Ivy League schools. At Cornell, the Cornell vs. Harvard hockey game is huge, and sometimes there will be social media posts against other Ivy schools when they show up on campus for games. And students definitely wear Cornell shirts all the time. But don't expect Ivy League spirit to be at the same level as other athletic conferences.
This discussion has been closed.