Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Guys bedding (comforter)

2»

Replies to: Guys bedding (comforter)

• dentmom4dentmom4 Registered User Posts: 1,126 Senior Member
    None of my kids like a flat sheet either so I stopped buying sheet sets.

There is no way S would have used a duvet cover. Navy sheet, navy comforter. Don't think they got washed much if at all during the quarter. Sent a second sheet along, rarely used unless something spilled on the sheet and it didn't dry quickly enough. D had a second sheet, never came out of the package. But, she found a wet sheet gross and washed it immediately. D2 heads off to college next month: she is bringing one new fitted sheet and D1's unopened one.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 40,192 Super Moderator
    Easier to throw the target comforter in the wash with the sheets.
    Where is this utopian college that has washing machines that accommodate comforters? :)

Anyway, I use a duvet, and while I do at times wash it, there is no guarantee that other guys will wash theirs.
  • m0minmdm0minmd Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    LOL. With Kohls sale today and some serious coupon stacking, I asked him if he thought he needed another set of sheets to have on hand 'just in case'. You know. For when you're washing your sheets and you just want to put on a clean set without having to worry about anything. He looked at me like I had 2 heads and simply said "Mom. I intend to wash my things like a responsible person, if that is what you're worried about."

Well he told me.

So no. No extra sheets are needed.

(We bought a set from BBB a while ago when they had some amazing clearance sale. Comforter/sheets/pillow cover(?).... They're sort of a manly light brown.)
  • nanotechnologynanotechnology Registered User Posts: 2,526 Senior Member
    Any suggestions on where to get a cheap duvet + cover option? (Preferably in a bright kelly green?) I've been looking at the Target website and all the duvet+cover options are way more expensive than the comforters.
2»
This discussion has been closed.