Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Miss Freshman Campaign ideas

Honeyboo779Honeyboo779 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
Are there any ladies on here who could give some advice and or ideas on running for miss freshman? I know that there will be a speech or speeches that you have to say and have a "platform" (a cause) that you support or want to invest time in but I really need help!! I just want to put myself out there and be that change that I'm always talking about. I really do have a voice for a lot of things, but because I'm more shy/reserved I'm scared to put myself out there and I really want to. I have a goal of maybe becoming someones role model

Replies to: Miss Freshman Campaign ideas

• PhilpsychPhilpsych Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    Yeah...I myself have never heard of such a campaign. But if your main goal is to "put [yourself] out there and be the change that [you're] always talking about]," I'm sure there are plenty more worthwhile clubs and organizations you could join. :)
  • Honeyboo779Honeyboo779 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Its not exactly a pageant. It is similar to the homecoming court that high schools have except its for college students. For example, Miss_____University (insert a college in the blank) would be the same as the Homecoming Queen in high school except its not a popularity contest as it is in high school.
  • PengsPhilsPengsPhils Forum Champion Northeastern, Forum Champion Math/Computer Science Posts: 3,808 Forum Champion
    It is similar to the homecoming court that high schools have except its for college students
    its not a popularity contest as it is in high school

Unless students aren't judging it, it's going to be hard for that last statement to be true. The only difference between high school and college will be that what is "cool" has hopefully changed for the better.

I second the other posters - I wouldn't spend time on this.
  • Honeyboo779Honeyboo779 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Thank you PengsPhils, Philpsych, and MommaJ for you guys responses!!
This discussion has been closed.