Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Grade appeal

2»

Replies to: Grade appeal

• MMishereMMishere Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I absolutely don't. This is a new program so we are the first students to graduate in it. We are the first ones to be enrolled in these classes. He is the only one teaching it.
  • MarcusOSUMarcusOSU Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    If you say he is the fairest then you are totally wrong. He allowed the retake because everyone failed the exam the first time. I had the highest in that failing grade. He grading is awful and he expects everyone to do good on it. He puts one question that no one can do and if that's wrong then everything remains ungraded. None of the students like him. I did until now, but now I don't either. If the best students fails it, then something is wrong with the professor.

I don't know what kind of professor he is, true, but when I come across a student who complains constantly about "fairness" and whines about things not being fair, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the student is not acting like an adult. Adults don't complain about "fair." This professor allowed everyone to retake the test so that they might do better on it, and that is fair. As far as he knows, you didn't get yours in on time. It's also fair that he won't grade it, then.
    It would have taken him max of an hour to grade the exam. Having a phd doesn't mean that he is god. I know many of the other teachers would have graded it.

At what point did he assert that having a PhD makes him "god"? You seem to be the one who's hung up on his credentials here, not him. And yeah, asking for an additional hour from someone who's just been through a finals grading period is asking A LOT.
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,965 Forum Champion
    Go to your "Sent" folder and see if you see your email in their. If so, take a screen shot or foward the email you sent to your professor.
2»
This discussion has been closed.