Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Braces in college?

124»

Replies to: Braces in college?

• DCHurricaneDCHurricane - Posts: 2,976 Senior Member
    Some girls look pretty hot with braces tbh
  • IThinkICan100IThinkICan100 Registered User Posts: 233 Junior Member
    I might be able to get mine off before my Freshman year, but my ortho is such a stickler! You miss one payment and he wont even touch your mouth.

I actually wanted the clear kind, but, for some reason, my mom thought they were extremely expensive. Like a week after I got my metal ones, I found an ortho that does the clear braces for about $100 more! Go figure!
  • feuxfolletsfeuxfollets Registered User Posts: 613 Member
    Do people really wear retainers throughout their entire life (like my orthodontist said we should).... I stopped wearing mine since going to college (worn them for about two years).

Cause that seems obnoxious and not worth it. Retainers are absolutely disgusting to wear since they soak up saliva all night. I guess I could burn holes or something in them for ventilation.
  • DCHurricaneDCHurricane - Posts: 2,976 Senior Member
    Nope I never wear mine.
  • Emaheevul07Emaheevul07 Registered User Posts: 5,966 Senior Member
    I wore my retainers for about two years before my doc said I didn't have to wear them anymore. My bottom teeth have shifted though and someday I will have to have it corrected, the front bottom ones are crowding into each other. You can't really see it looking at them but it hurts and is getting worse. I was only wearing them at night by the second year anyway, now I wish I'd worn them longer if it would have helped. They never bothered me, I even ate with mine in with no problems. *shrug*
124»
This discussion has been closed.