Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best major minor combination?

bubbagump123bubbagump123 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
I want to do management information systems but my school does not offer it as a major so I can only minor in it. I am between majoring in accounting or supply chain management. My school is top 5 in supply chain but I don't want to make my decision based on that. Which combination would be better and can you describe what each of the three jobs do? I have googled and read online and have a good understanding but I just want to hear different perspectives. Also, I thought supply chain would be cool but what do they truly do and is it a good career? Before deciding about this, I never heard of supply chain managers but have read and heard that they are good. Is it easy to get a job with a degree from this?

Replies to: Best major minor combination?

• TQfromtheUTQfromtheU Registered User Posts: 1,354 Senior Member
    It depend on what you want to do. Accounting as a major is highly employable and MIS as a minor is a great combination, since MIS data all flows to accounting and forecasting for a business. Supply chain management also relies heavily on MIS to accomplish goals and tweak processes and systems. I think accounting is a wider field and SCM would be more focused on product-related industries. Both sound very interesting to me.

Maybe a visit to the career center to see what companies commonly recruit at your college, for which opportunities, would provide you some help in picking a direction.
This discussion has been closed.