Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Terrified of College!

2»

Replies to: Terrified of College!

• Sportsman88Sportsman88 Registered User Posts: 1,581 Senior Member
    I would be cautious downloading PDF's of books not in public domain. That may be anything from piracy to a virus trap.
  • Sportsman88Sportsman88 Registered User Posts: 1,581 Senior Member
    What courses are you actually taking? It doesn't make sense that first year freshman courses aren't offered at the other schools, although this might be a certificate program that doesn't lead to an associates. The more info you provide, the more we can help. Are you comfortable giving us the name of the school?
  • Allyssa6694Allyssa6694 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Penn Highlands community college. I am not sure why they don't have the same classes as the other locatons they made it sound like they are a smaller location with less resources but yet the same school just offered in a different location. I am going for the medical coding then I told them (advisor) I will be going back for Medical Assistant in which they said I wouldn't have to retake some other the classes that the coding class would cover them
    It is a 3 Semester, I think its a program but like i said i could use some of the medical coding classes towards the medical assisting course. Here are my classes I will be taking SEMESTER 1: Microcomputer App, Medical Terminology, Basic anatomy and physiology, and health information and medical office. SEMESTER 2: Law and Ethics for health occupations, Medical coding ICD-10-CM, Medical Coding CPT, Medical terminology and anatomy for coding. SEMESTER 3: Basic disease process and pharmacology, Advanced medical coding, Financial management in health care, and medical coding internship.
    Also there are a couple that are online hybrids
  • WildLupineWildLupine Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    If you need access codes, it's likely you will be required to take quizzes and complete assignments on those sites. Sometimes it costs almost as much to buy the access code without the book vs. bundled at your school's bookstore. Be sure to compare the costs before buying anything-- you won't be able to gain access to the textbook's site without the code and without the code you may not be able to complete your work. Wishing you the best as you start college!
  • snowfairy137snowfairy137 Registered User Posts: 2,081 Senior Member
    Ask your professors beforehand if you need the access codes.
2»
This discussion has been closed.