Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is the award received by the Head of the College of Software called?

dyhan316dyhan316 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
What is the reward received by the Head of the College of Software called? I'm a foreign student and want to write this on my resume, but don't know how to express it... The award is written in Korean, so I don't know how I should write the thing as.

Thanks in advance for helping me

Replies to: What is the award received by the Head of the College of Software called?

• bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 12,804 Forum Champion
    Can you put it through google translate and then post it here? Then we can help you with wording
  • dyhan316dyhan316 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Thank you so much
    Software Dean Award

Oh and also, could you help me with an award that's translated as,

President, KOFAC, Encouragement Prize
    Also, what do you call a prize received by being 3rd? (like in a Science Fair, I got a prize for being 3rd... what should I name that prize as?)

Again, THANK YOU so much!
    Dean's Award for Software

But what particularly for? Best design? best app? Best student?

President, KOFAC, Encouragement Prize
    Same thing...what does it mean for you? What did you do? What is a KOFAC? Korean,,,?

3rd Prize in Science Fair for project on <whatever>
    The Dean's Award for Software got awarded for a python competition where I made a program that solves magic squares (and also analyzed the program runtime)

KOFAC, this was a research competition, and I did a research about observing exoplanets using small telescopes, and recieved the prize

The president of KOFAC gave me an encouragement prize. How should I word this?

Thank you so much!
    Also, about "Dean's Award for Software", we actually have a college named 'software college', and the Dean of that software college gave me the award. How should I name this then? Would it still be 'Dean's Award for Software'?
    Computer Science Dean's Award for Python Programming
    But did you just participate? win the fastest? Best?

To me the KOFAC seems like an "Honorable Mention"...that is you didn't win, but they want to encourage you to keep at it.

KOFAC Research Competition Honorable Mention: Observation of Exoplanets using small telescopes
This discussion has been closed.