Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Trying to make the best out of my situation

paoluchsingerpaoluchsinger Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
edited July 2018 in College Life
I’ve previously posted about the hard times I’ve gone through with college and unfortunately had to endure some nasty, judgemental, abusive comments. I want to make it very clear that I’m here to vent. I’m a rising junior at Bard College and while the academics are fantastic, socially it feels like I’m in middle school again which was an extremely lonely, miserable time in my life plagued by bullying and cliques. I’ve tried just about everything to make friends (joining clubs, going to events, trying to reach out to quiet people, etc) but nothing has worked. Luckily I’ll be studying abroad spring semester of this year and that’s pretty much the only thing I’ll be looking forward to. I also have issues with depression and anxiety as a result of having been bullied for years and feeling like a social pariah now. I’m starting with a new shrink tomorrow. However I’m dreading going back to school and not having found my niche. This is especially disappointing because everyone says college is the easiest place to find like-minded people although for me I never thought it would be so difficult to find people I click with or have things in common with.

Replies to: Trying to make the best out of my situation

This discussion has been closed.