Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Story of U.S. College Admissions Scandal Coming to Television

Dave_BerryDave_Berry CC Admissions Expert Posts: 2,887 Senior Member
"The story of the largest college admissions scam in the United States is making its way to Hollywood.

Annapurna Television said on Tuesday it had optioned the rights to an upcoming book and planned to turn it into a one-hour limited series.

Some 50 people, including former "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman and 'Full House' actress Lori Loughlin, have been accused by prosecutors in Boston of engaging in schemes that involved cheating on college entrance exams, faking athletic achievements, and paying millions of dollars in bribes to get their children into U.S. universities." ...

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2019-05-07/story-of-us-college-admissions-scandal-coming-to-television

Replies to: Story of U.S. College Admissions Scandal Coming to Television

• 1Dreamer1Dreamer Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    No, Lori will by playing Felicity and Felicity will be playing Lori :smile:
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 13,666 Forum Champion
    Lori should play herself if she isn't in jail...Hallmark fired her
  • RiversiderRiversider Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    TV show would hurt colleges involved in this scandal or as usual all publicity is going to be good publicity?
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 76,074 Senior Member
    It may not look too good for the prestige private colleges that project the public image of having the best students if the show publicizes that some students with somewhat less personal merit get in through connections (donor, legacy).
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 21,424 Senior Member
    Hallmark fired her

But they left it open for her to return to the show 'When Calls the heart.' Her character was 'called' to the east coast to care for a sick mother.

I thought it was very unfair that the actor who played her son on the show was also sent east to care for the sick mother. Poor kid didn't do anything wrong and isn't even of college age so didn't cheat to get in.
  • HPuck35HPuck35 Registered User Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Why would anybody want to watch this show? I've had enough with it just on the news. All the participants should get what they deserve and be done with it.
  • CAtransplantCAtransplant Registered User Posts: 508 Member
    There's a new podcast about it too - I started listening and I think it's interesting. It's called Gangster Capitalism.