Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Moving in with my boyfriend for college

2»

Replies to: Moving in with my boyfriend for college

• bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 13,685 Forum Champion
    I met my now husband during freshman orientation. We never lived together during college. He moved closer to my end of campus, though.

There are three scenarios:

This boy is THE ONE. You will marry him and it will be great. In this case, it won't matter if you room together or go to the same college. Each of you will want each other to grow and learn in the best place for you.

This boy will break up with you. You will pick a college based on him and he will break up with you/you will break up with him. You will be stuck in an apartment with him and in a college that might not be ideal.

You stick with the boy, but you limit each other. You/he don't go to the college you want, major in what you want or do internships where/when you want. You don't make new friends. You don't grow as much as you could.

• caliguy9999caliguy9999 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    College is a formative stage of life. You will end up completely different on the other side. Don't make decisions based on who you are today, but make decisions that maximize your opportunity for personal growth. In short, don't make decisions based on the relationship.
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 13,685 Forum Champion
    One or the both of you are making this decision because you are scared to lose the other...either you will both grow in college and still be right for each other (no matter where you go) or one will grow more than the other and you won't and one will hold the other back.
    You are making this decision based on fear. Don't.