right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I messed up my first year of college and earned a 2.0 gpa. Is it still salvageable

messygrades101messygrades101 0 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
I really messed up my first year of college and earned a low score of 2.0 gpa. I was wondering if you guys have some idea that could help me calm down and figure out a plan cause I’ve been tossing and turning with anxiety keeping me up all night everyday because I’m clueless on how I can proceed this. I want to be able to reach a 3.0 by next semester if possible and still graduate in my planned 2022
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I messed up my first year of college and earned a 2.0 gpa. Is it still salvageable

• bjkmombjkmom 7940 replies158 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    OK, deep breaths. You're not the first-- or last-- kid to ever mess up. Let's not worry about a 3.0 specifically, let's talk about how to pull your grades up to levels you're happy with.

The first, and most important consideration is to figure out why your grades dropped so dramatically. Was it social-- were you so busy hanging out with new friends that your grades stopped being a priority? Was the coursework simply a lot more difficult than what you were used to? Did you simply choose not to go to class, or not give the outside reading/ homework the effort it needed?

You see where I'm going here, right? This isn't about grades, it's about the work and attitudes that may have caused your grades to slip. Once you get a handle on what went wrong you can figure out how to attack the problem.
    · Reply · Share