right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

On the verge of being kicked out of college with a 2.2 gpa

zaqazasazaqazasa 0 replies1 threads New Member
2.2 was my gpa last semester and at the moment I am failing three classes out of 5. I am thinking of dropping out of college and finding a career without a college degree. I honestly believe college isn't for me. I don't like learning in a classroom setting and prefer hands on experience. I was thinking of vocational school, but I honestly don't know at this point.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: On the verge of being kicked out of college with a 2.2 gpa

• EconPopEconPop 343 replies6 threads Member
    @zaqazasa , what is your major?

Do you have a plan if you drop out? Such as, do you have a job you can begin that will pay your bills and support you?

Do you have an apprenticeship lined up in something like plumbing or electrical that will teach you the skills to one day get a job that will support you financially?

Have you chosen a vocation? Do you have a vocational school you would like to attend? Have you figured out how to pay for vocational school? If not, you should contact the vocational school and start asking questions.

If you don't have a plan, the time to get one is before you throw the old plan away. Your plan was to go to college, get an education, and get a job because of that college education. If you abandon that plan, what is your new plan?

Good luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 8852 replies106 threads Senior Member
    If you are failing 3 of 5 classes, then I agree that college is not for you.

Consider military service or any vocational training program that interests you.

Start with your local community college as many work with local employers to train workers.
    · Reply · Share
  • SuperGeo5999SuperGeo5999 647 replies42 threads Member
    consider taking some time off to figure out what you truly want to do. if you decide in the future that you want to pursue a path that requires college or university then start over at a community college. otherwise do some military, apprenticeship, or vocational training.
    · Reply · Share
  • ja;sldkjfja;sldkjf 36 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I have been where you are. Ultimately, I left school, worked in a mall for a year, went back to a local, less stressful college, part-time, got my degree, worked in the mall another year, then got a career position. I was never driven. Getting older during this journey helped.

Remember this, no decision is permanent. If you choose to leave college at this point, no one will bar you from ever attending again. Life is long and there are many choices ahead.
    · Reply · Share
  • StPaulDadStPaulDad 473 replies1 threads Member
    Maybe before you leave this school take advantage of their career counselling center to figure out what you do want to do in the future. They'll have resources you might not be able to access from outside the school system.
    · Reply · Share