right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Should I transfer? Hate where I am.

cydron47cydron47 4 replies6 threads New Member
currently a student at UIC, a commuter school... I just hate everything about my life here. I don't look forward to my classes AT ALL, my grades are slipping, the campus is ugly, there isn't anyone similar to me here, I don't feel like I can explore relationships here. I was super depressed last year and my parents coaxed me into doing the BS/MD program here. I don't feel excited about medicine, it just seems okay, idk what else I would do.

I applied and got in to the U of I, but honestly I rather would have gone to UW Madison now that I've done some research! I just want to have a traditional college experience, I want to make lifelong friends that I'm similar to, I want to love my classes at a prestigious university. I want to go away for school, be free.

I'm so scared to transfer. I have some roommates (who I'm not close to) for next year and I should probably tell them soon. It seems incredibly boring for me to be here for 3 years, go to med school, then do residency. I just want to get out there and be young, I've been a late bloomer too long!

TL;DR don't like my current school, feel frightened to transfer and tell roommates no
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I transfer? Hate where I am.