right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Class Schedule

LZHopeLZHope 68 replies17 threads Junior Member
edited August 13 in College Life
Hi,

I'm a college freshman who had some emotional health issues in the past. I'm starting community college this fall, and I'm wondering: does it matter if I take 3, 4, or 5 classes? I want to achieve progress, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.

I desire to transfer to a private college within a year or two.
edited August 13
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Class Schedule

• RichInPittRichInPitt 2802 replies47 threads Senior Member
    Do you have a professional you have worked with that can advise you? No one here knows your background enough to advise you properly.

My best suggestion would be that if you have concerns, start slowly. It’s better to start more slowly and just be a class or two behind than to start too quickly and ruin an entire semester or more.

But only someone who knows you and your background can advise where that balance is.
    · Reply · Share
  • LZHopeLZHope 68 replies17 threads Junior Member
    Ehhh yes. I'm in the process of working on that.

That's what I thought. Thanks for your advice.

I think, so much of the time, students can neglect their emotional and mental well-being, and that is very important.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 11293 replies603 threads Super Moderator
    Are you on the traditional semester system? Typically students take four classes, but that can depend on how many hours they are, how many days a week, or your college calendar. I don’t recommend five classes though.
    · Reply · Share
  • LZHopeLZHope 68 replies17 threads Junior Member
    I live in Florida, so yes, I do.

Hm, really? At my private college, I took 5.

I'm pretty sure I'll take 4.
    · Reply · Share