Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Anyone here a bodybuilder?..

mikeBtamsmikeBtams Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
edited December 2006 in College Life
I'm just curious. I've been working out for a few years and it's part of my lifestyle along with the cutting/bulking cycles.

What school do you go to? How are the gyms? Do a lot of people at your school lift weights?

Thanks guys :)
Post edited by mikeBtams on

Replies to: Anyone here a bodybuilder?..

• mkm56mkm56 Registered User Posts: 3,062 Senior Member
    My son does a lot of weight lifting/body building. He says the gym is good at his school (Wake) and that there are lots of guys "into" lifting in the general student population (non student athletes).
  • mikeBtamsmikeBtams Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    Very cool.. good to hear he has people to lift with
    Wake is a great school with an amazing campus!

I want Freshman 15.. ALL MUSCLE ;)
  • punkdudeuspunkdudeus . Posts: 1,226 Senior Member
    man, i'm an ex-hs football player,...really i've been meaning to keep lifting, but haven't had time (my dorm's a long way a way from the gym) but i'm gonna start working out more... i go to berkeley, one of the big problem's i have is they don't allow olympic lifts in the public gym, which ****es me off because that's what i learned to do in high school, and what's gotten me in shape. ill figure it out this semester.
  • punkdudeuspunkdudeus . Posts: 1,226 Senior Member
    you can't say **** on cc? wow the world is going crazy P.I.$$
    i feel ya man..

glad to hear that your starting up again.. hit those weights HARDDDD :)
  • Tony Montana OSTTony Montana OST Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Political Prisoner.
  • kinglinkinglin Registered User Posts: 2,296 Senior Member
    Here at Nebraska it's a big thing. Everyone works fairly hard to keep in shape. Guys are built and the girls are skinny. I think we're in the top 5 for biggest jock schools. Weight lifting facility, rec in general, is good. The food selection in some of the dorms is really good if you're looking for a high protein diet. However, I'm sure some schools' have some fancy new rec centers they build that would easily beat out ours.
  • BigredmedBigredmed Registered User Posts: 3,751 Senior Member
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don’t nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"

-Ronnie Coleman
  • stonecold23stonecold23 Registered User Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    i go to colgate university , a large portion of the campus lifts weights (mens fitness magazine rated us second most fit campus in the country) and it shows on how cut is everyone is

i used to never lift weights but got inspired by my roomates and now i lift 4-5 times a week and have gained 10 lbs of muscle over first semester
    That is what I'm concerned about- having college eff up my diet. I'm bringing TUBS of whey, natural PB, EGGGGGGGS for sure next year

Second most fit campus in the country?? impressive
    The article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15113599/

10lb of muscle is amazing for this short peroid of time.. keep up those gains :)
  • peck191peck191 Registered User Posts: 531 Member
    I'm bringing TUBS of whey, natural PB, EGGGGGGGS for sure next year

I hear that....I brought those as well as upgraded to the unlimited meal plan
This discussion has been closed.