Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Spring 2009

AHeartLikeHisAHeartLikeHis Registered User Posts: 264 Junior Member
edited September 2008 in College Life
I am looking at this for my Spring 2009. What does everyone think? Is it balanced/doable?

Monday/Wednesday/Friday:
College Algebra (8:00-8:50)
U.S. History (10:00-10:50)
Child Psychology (1:00-1:50)

Tuesday/Thursday:
English 2 (8:00-9:15)
Astrology (9:30-10:45)
Microcomputer and Applications (3:30-4:45)
Post edited by AHeartLikeHis on

Replies to: Spring 2009

• b@r!um[email protected]!um Registered User Posts: 10,381 Senior Member
    Is this the first of 172 schedules you will ask us for input for? A few months ago I thought it was pre-college anxiety and didn't care, but now you are in college - please grow up, or ask people at your college for advice if you actually need it.
  • ElectricTechElectricTech Registered User Posts: 882 Member
    Depending on how much work will be required, it will sound doable unless you have a professor who insists on giving a lot of homework. Tuesday and Thursday sounds nice except for the 3:30 class being way out there, but it looks like a class where it's the only time it's scheduled. Is there any way you can have 2 back-to-back classes on MWF?
  • question_questquestion_quest Registered User Posts: 393 Junior Member
    What's your major? That looks a bit random...
  • OKgirlOKgirl Registered User Posts: 2,134 Senior Member
    You should have been assigned an advisor when you enrolled for classes. You should go talk to them because they can be a great help.
  • nerd855nerd855 Registered User Posts: 337 Member
    Looks like a lot of reading. But compared to what im taking, not so bad at all.
  • bcmcgheebcmcghee Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    i've seen worse. at least on m,w,f you're done before two!
  • nontraditionalnontraditional Registered User Posts: 519 Member
    If Astrology isn't a typo, I hope you will let us know what the assigned texts are for that class, because now I'm curious.

Even if it's just Astronomy, it sounds like a good schedule to me. I took an astronomy class to satisfy a distribution requirement and enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting to. Have you read Allitt's "I'm the Teacher, You're the Student"? It's entirely about a college-level American History course from the instructor's viewpoint. I think I would have gotten a lot more out of my American History class than I did if I'd had something like Allitt's book to read along with.
This discussion has been closed.