Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What's the biggest "inside joke" on your campus?

Replies to: What's the biggest "inside joke" on your campus?

• catsushicatsushi Registered User Posts: 1,970 Senior Member
    ^^Hahaha I want a shirt that has that first quote, but I have yet to see them be sold.

Although I have to disagree with the "what guys say" one. Being that some of us choose to be single, would that mean that we choose to be handicapped? But still, it's a clever quote.
  • CaseSpartan10CaseSpartan10 Registered User Posts: 321 Member
    matt,

don't know if we go to the same school or not but:

girls say- The odds are good but the goods are odd.
    Guys say- CWRU: Case Women R Ugly
  • PseudonymPseudonym Registered User Posts: 649 Member
    Hm, let's see...

We've got a building called the Wang Center with an enormous phallic tower on top, and a SAC (stands for student activities center, pronounced "sack") with two ballrooms.

The pizza's so good it's worth committing armed robbery for (the "gun" turned out to be an overzealous security guard's hallucination, but we only found that out after they put the whole campus on alert and locked some buildings down... the pizza really is awesome, though!)

But of course, the definition of an "inside joke" means that they're not that funny if you're not from that school :P
  • catsushicatsushi Registered User Posts: 1,970 Senior Member
    Guys say- CWRU: Case Women R Ugly

:( One of my good friends goes to Case, and she's damn sexy.

Pseudonym, our campus center is called the Wang, too! And we have a building called the Clapp and Munger (look it up on urban dictionary, it's horrible).
  • DuperDuper - Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    Stony Brook?
  • beanieboobeanieboo Registered User Posts: 718 Member
    borum, i bet you go to haverford. one of my best friends told me about that =)

inside jokes at BC? last year a girl sent an email to every listserve she was ever on asking for an off campus apartment for her boyfriend. most people on campus got something like 300 per hour cause everyone hit reply all. it was rediculous. then theres all the slogans that state how infinetly better we are than both ND and BU, which is true =). living on newton is "freshman year abroad"
    Duper: yup :)
  • sleepymansleepyman Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    Pseudonym we have a SAC too, student activities center, its the closest thing we have to a gym and it is nasty, sweaty, un-airconditioned, and sticky XD.
  • TUOwls2011TUOwls2011 - Posts: 728 Member
    Yeah, we have a SAC too, but after like the first week, no one really laughs about it anymore.

I can't really think of anything here outside of the fact that it's automatically assumed by everyone that everyone else is poor (I'm not). Or Liberal (I'm not). Ummm there's a certain Chinese restaurant that everyone goes to when they're drunk.

Everyone laughs, because we're always told how diverse we are (one of the five or so most diverse schools in the U.S.). It's not that it's untrue, it's that it's something continuously repeated to us.

There's probably something I dont know/can't remember. I've only been here for just over a semester.

At BU, there's the jogger down Commonwealth and reported sightings on Facebook, and not a joke, but everyone at BU (and plenty elsewhere) know about the West Campus Burger. God, I miss that :/
  • dramakitty92428dramakitty92428 Registered User Posts: 676 Member
    TUOwls...where do u go?
  • TUOwls2011TUOwls2011 - Posts: 728 Member
    Temple lol
    Heh, it's not the fact that it's called the SAC that I find funny, it's that it's a SAC with two ballrooms.
  • b@r!um[email protected]!um Registered User Posts: 10,373 Senior Member
    beanieboo, actually I am a Bryn Mawr student, but I think we are referring to the same duck pond :)
  • theKnowerOfStufftheKnowerOfStuff Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    At Carnegie they used to sell shirts that said "Sex kills. Come to CMU and live forever." :)
    They were kinda right on point too (unless you were in the arts; the rest of us just assumed that was one big orgy ;) I mean at one point, I kid you not, there was a class where part of your grade depended on proving you had/could make friends.

Ooo, there are some great nicknames for a few of the colleges too.
    -Humanities and Social Sciences (commonly refered to as H&SS) = H & Less Stress
    -College of Fine Arts (generally called CFA) = Cant *****ing Spell (or Add, depending on who you ask)

Theres also a thing about one of the buildings being Optimus Prime...
  • sopranokittysopranokitty Registered User Posts: 1,506 Senior Member
    One of the buildings at UCD is nicknamed the "Death Star."
This discussion has been closed.