Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Guys: What do you think of girls doing the asking out?

Replies to: Guys: What do you think of girls doing the asking out?

• dramakitty92428dramakitty92428 Registered User Posts: 676 Member
    Why November? Am I missing something?
  • catsushicatsushi Registered User Posts: 1,970 Senior Member
    ^^Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Maybe it's enough time to give first years to settle in?

I was also told it's supposed to be enough time to give the other freshmen guys a chance with the freshmen gals.
  • irisgirlirisgirl Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    ^^^^^Maybe it's b/c they might not be 18 yet?
  • TUOwls2011TUOwls2011 - Posts: 728 Member
    No one really cares about that--that's for sure.
  • ryuzaki2012ryuzaki2012 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    I would love for a girl to ask me out. I'm way too shy.
  • 43212344321234 Registered User Posts: 926 Member
    well... see if he's into you or not. do a little test run on him and try to flirt a little. you can usually tell if it makes him uncomfortable or if he wants it. i almost asked a guy out b/c i also posted a thread on the internet and people were saying that oh yeah, guys like being asked out by girls. but not every guy will say yes to any girl. so trust your instincts, and save yourself the pain if you feel he isn't that into you.
  • dmissiondmission Registered User Posts: 1,365 Senior Member
    I would love that.
  • sleepersleeper Registered User Posts: 233 Junior Member
    I don't really mind, but it would be a little weird at first if a girl asked me out just because I'm not used to it at all.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Registered User Posts: 649 Member
    I can't believe anyone still actually wonders about this. It's 2008, get over it.

As for the "no freshmen until November" thing... never heard of it. I wouldn't think much of a junior or senior dating a freshman in the fall though, so I guess waiting until November is less sketchy, not that I think that sways a lot of people. But freshmen (especially first semester freshmen) are not adults. Juniors and seniors in college should be adults. Adults should not be dating children/adolescents/whatever term you want to use, end of story.
    I can't believe anyone still actually wonders about this. It's 2008, get over it.

I can? Even if us gals are more modern, some guys are still pretty old fashioned when it comes to dating. Blame genetics.
  • Russell7Russell7 - Posts: 1,414 Senior Member
    If she's hot it's very nice.

If she's average or ugly I get annoyed and wonder where she got the crack that gave her so much confidence.

Really it depends more on how she asks rather than if she asks. Some chicks are just very aggressive and it's a turn off. Other chicks just seem to barely muster up the courage and it's cute. Although maybe that's still just the hot/not dichotomy that I've created.
  • Russell7Russell7 - Posts: 1,414 Senior Member
    I also feel like girls asking guys out makes them feel like they can be lazy and never take the initiative during the relationship.

And I guess guys asking girls doesn't do the same thing to women? Unbelievable...
  • qipaoqipao Registered User Posts: 534 Member
    "He's just not that into you."

Liek, did you read the book?
    Nope. Did you?
  • PseudonymPseudonym Registered User Posts: 649 Member
    Makes more sense to blame ingrained social ridiculousness than genetics, IMO. Lots of women as well as men have antiquated ideas about dating and relationships. That doesn't mean it makes any sense. No one is well served by a rigid system where only one party can take the active role.
This discussion has been closed.