right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

MBA worth it or not?

aidancollege1aidancollege1 3 replies4 threads New Member
So i am a sophomore in high school and i am deciding what i should get for when i go into college. I am i strong student with a 3.8 gap and all honors classes. I am not good at writing but i am strong in science and math. I was thinking of getting an MBA at a reputable college such as berkley or university of Chicago. I am wondering is a MBA worth it? Is there a better way to go because it is a lot of money and I'm wondering what are the positives and the negatives to it. If it is a good idea what specialization is good?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: MBA worth it or not?

• frugaldoctorfrugaldoctor 1151 replies2 threads Senior Member
    You are a sophomore in high school. An MBA is at least 6 years away. Why don't you work on your weaknesses now in the time you have? Worrying about what you are going to pursue at least 6 years from now is counterproductive when you can spend that time improving your writing skills. Anything we speculate on now is subject to endless career permutations over the next 6 years.
    · Reply · Share
  • kathleentownkathleentown 130 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I agree with frugaldoctor, a high school sophomore shouldn't be thinking this far ahead. Concentrate for now on school and graduate with good grades and SAT scores so that you can get into a good college. Berkeley and Chicago can wait for now. 1st two years of college will give you a fairly good idea where you're headed in life.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity