Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

MBA worth it or not?

aidancollege1aidancollege1 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
So i am a sophomore in high school and i am deciding what i should get for when i go into college. I am i strong student with a 3.8 gap and all honors classes. I am not good at writing but i am strong in science and math. I was thinking of getting an MBA at a reputable college such as berkley or university of Chicago. I am wondering is a MBA worth it? Is there a better way to go because it is a lot of money and I'm wondering what are the positives and the negatives to it. If it is a good idea what specialization is good?

Replies to: MBA worth it or not?

• frugaldoctorfrugaldoctor Registered User Posts: 1,152 Senior Member
    You are a sophomore in high school. An MBA is at least 6 years away. Why don't you work on your weaknesses now in the time you have? Worrying about what you are going to pursue at least 6 years from now is counterproductive when you can spend that time improving your writing skills. Anything we speculate on now is subject to endless career permutations over the next 6 years.
  • kathleentownkathleentown Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    I agree with frugaldoctor, a high school sophomore shouldn't be thinking this far ahead. Concentrate for now on school and graduate with good grades and SAT scores so that you can get into a good college. Berkeley and Chicago can wait for now. 1st two years of college will give you a fairly good idea where you're headed in life.
This discussion has been closed.