right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Undecided Student

MillaMikaMillaMika 1 replies2 threads New Member
I still do not know what i want to major in when I go to college. I'm very stuck, and I am not sure what to do. I know that I like anime and manga, reading books whose genre is: supernatural, mystery, horror, and fantasy. Going into something in anime isn't exactly what I want to do, especially since it isn't that important. I'm a very shy person and I prefer not to talk a lot, but I know It's something that will be important when I get a job. I want a job, possibly abroad, that will benefit me and that I enjoy. Money shouldn't be something that I should factor in, but to pay bills, I need to.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Undecided Student

• LaggingLagging 1156 replies6 threads Senior Member
    Consider applying to colleges that don't make you declare a major upon entry/force you to apply to a specific program. Quite a few students switch from their intended major and many schools give you at least a year to declare. Take some of the general ed requirements first and see which courses you like. That can be a good way to figure out a major if you're really not sure.

Creative writing? Film studies? International relations?
    · Reply · Share
  • juilletjuillet 12780 replies163 threads Super Moderator
    I like anime and manga and fantasy novels, too, but I didn't make it my career. Things can be hobbies that have little to no bearing on your actual job that you do in the future, and that's fine.

I agree that you should go somewhere you can take some classes and explore a couple different areas before you decide on a major. You don't have to decide now.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity