Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Business Major, Music Minor

omgitswillow3omgitswillow3 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I'm currently enrolled at Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY and am pursuing a business degree. I am from Nashville, and I am very interested in the music industry. I am looking to transfer to a college with a Music Business degree (like Belmont University), or would a Business major with a Music minor be sufficient at my current university? I am aware the industry is very difficult to break into, and I will need a reputable degree to break into it.

Replies to: Business Major, Music Minor

• Dancer14Dancer14 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Why do you feel that you need a degree in music to do well in the industry?
  • juilletjuillet Super Moderator Posts: 12,618 Super Moderator
    I think what's more important for breaking into the music business is the connections you make. I think that's the key benefit to music industry/business majors - the good ones have strong connections within the industry and good internships for students. However, you may be able to find a way in from Bellarmine as well. I'd check out the career center and talk to a counselor there, and see what information they provide you.